Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

CHIPCHASE CASTLE


CHIPCHASE CASTLE
Photo copyright Mike Quinn and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

The castle started as a four storey tower house that was built in c.1350. A manor house was added in 1621 and in the 18th century the exterior was redesigned.


 

Directions
In Birtley, off the A68, 10 miles north of Hexham
Chipchase, Wark, Hexham NE48 3NT

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales