It was built in 1310 with a tower at each corrner close to the site of an earlier mid 12th century motte & bailey castle. It was damaged in the Civil War but repaired afterwards and then completely refurbished in the 18th century. It hwas inhabited by the same family for 400 years until 2004.
National Trust, open all year.
|Off the A4500, 1 mile west of Chirk|
|Chirk, Wrexham LL14 5AF|