Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

FISHGUARD FORT


FISHGUARD FORT
Photo Luc Hermans

The Napoleonic Fort at Fishguard was built between 1779 and 1781. It was armed with eight nine-pounder guns which were fired to warn off approaching French ships during the attempted French invasion of 1797.


Photo Luc Hermans

 

Directions
On the A40/A487 junction on the north Pembroke coast

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales