There has been a church on this site for over a thousand years. The present building dates from the end of the 11th century, and the Pele tower was added in 1380 to protect against Scottish raids. Just across the road is the fortified Rectory. This is a 15th century fortified building with a two storey tower, now with a gabled roof.
The church is open to the public.
|B6412, 6 miles north east of Penrith|
|Great Salkeld, Cumbria, CA11 9NA|