The first early 12th century ringwork surrounded by a moat was destroyed in 1193. It was rebuilt in stone in the early 13th century as a fortified palace, but the visible walls date from 1280 - 1320 with a mid 14th century gatehouse. It fell into decay in the 16th century after the roof was removed.
CADW, open all year.
|1 mile north of the A40, 8 miles east of Haverfordwest.|