A very impressive five storey one hundred foot brick tower which was built in 1433/43 on the site of the original castle built in 1231. The original curtain wall was kept as the outer defence, with a new moat, but little now remains of these. It was abandoned in the 18th century but was restored a hundred years ago.
National Trust, open all year.
|A153, 12 miles north east of Sleaford|
|Sleaford Road, Tattershall, Lincolnshire, LN4 4LR|