A motte and bailey castle with two associated lesser enclosures. The motte has been reduced and modified from its original form so that today it survives as a low flat-topped platform some 250 feet in diameter and up to 4 feet high. Little is known about its history, though a castle at Lavendon is recorded as early as 1192. The castle seems to have been demolished by the 1530s.
|Off the A428, 8 miles north west of Bedford|
|Milton Keynes MK46|