To the south side of the new walls and close to the cathedral is the remains of the 12th century Bishop's Palace which was built for Bishop Chesney in c.1175. It was repaired and fortified by Bishop Burghersh after a licence to crenellate was granted in 1329. The Alnwick tower was added in 1430 for Bishop Alnwick.
English Heritage, open all year.
|In the city centre, by the cathedral.|
|Minster Yard, Lincoln LN2 1PU|