A brick built, Tudor mansion with an outer gatehouse built in 1497, originally with a moat and an inner gatehouse. The house was remodelled and the inner gatehouse demolished in the 18th century, at which time it was renamed Lullingstone Castle. The house is still owned by the original family that built it and is now a renowned botanical garden.
The house and garden are open April - October afternoons (weekends).
|Off the A225, 7 miles north of Sevenoaks|
|Lullingstone Park, Eynsford, Dartford DA4 0JA|