The castle was probably constructed soon after the Norman invasion. It was destroyed by the Welsh in 1196, again in 1231 and then once more in 1264. In the meantime it was destroyed by the English in 1216. Each time it was rebuilt and was in use until the early 15th century.
|At New Radnor, just off the A44, 6 miles north west of Kington|
|High St, New Radnor, Presteigne, Powys LD8|