Stack Rock Fort is a small circular fort on an island in the middle of the channel between Fort Hubberstone and Chapel Bay Fort. The first defence was a three gun tower constructed on the rock in 1850 - 1852. This was then built over between 1859 qnd 1871 when the casemates were added. The armament in 1871 was sixteen 10-inch and seven 9-inch RMLs. By 1902 the armament was four 12-pdr QF guns. It was disarmed in 1929 and is currently unused but was up for sale in 2019.
View Larger Map of Stack Rock Island Fort