It is thought there was a 12th century castle here with a circular outer wall but thaqt this was was built over when John Lovell obtained a licence to crenellate in 1304. The new castle was described as being surrounded by a thin stone wall with hexagonal towers at each corner that projected into the moat around the walls. No part of the castle now remains above ground but the moat is still 10 feet deep and up to 50 feet wide. Just outside the moated area lies a large water filled fishpond.
|Off A605, 10 miles east of Kettering|
|Titchmarsh, Northants NN14 3DH|