Originally a timber structure dating from 1087 - 1100 rebuilt in stone. It was destroyed in 1175 so the remaining structure is late 13th and early 14th century with a 15th century Gatehouse. The walls were badly damaged during the Civil War. The "keep" is a 19th century addition and is used a museum.
Open all year.
|South of the town, on the A40|
|Castle Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. NP7 5EE|