Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

BARDEN TOWER


BARDEN TOWER
Photo Andrew Coulsdon

Barden Tower was built by the Clifford family of Skipton Castle in the fifteenth century. A second pele tower was built to the west at Hellifield. In 1658 Lady Anne Clifford restored and extended Barden from a pele tower into a manor house.


 

Directions
7 miles north east of Skipton
Barden Tower, Skipton North Yorkshire BD23 6AS

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales