Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

BEMBRIDGE FORT


BEMBRIDGE FORT
Photo Steve Johnson

It is a six sided land fort surrounded by a deep dry ditch, built in the 1860's. It was armed with one hundred men and initially six 7" RML guns, though by the end of the century these had been replaced by two 6" BL guns.

Owned by the National Trust since 1967, it is being restored.


 

Directions
Half way between Culver Cliff and Brading, off the B3395
PO36 8QY

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales