A ruined 14th or 15th Century structure surrounded by earthworks on a hill overlooking the valley. It comprised a central hall with a three storey wing at either end. The site passed to the Cliffords in the 1680's, and it was at this time that a hall block and kitchens were dismantled. The only remains of the site that can be seen today are the one metre thick walls of the tower.
|1 mile from Beetham, 10 miles north of Carnforth off the A5|