Originally known as Twynham Castle. The motte and part of the early 12th century keep, which was 3 storeys high with walls 9 feet thick, still remain surrounded by a rectangular moat. Next to it stands the remains of the Constable's House (below) which was added in 1160. The castle was demolished in 1652 after the Civil War.
English Heritage, open all year.
|In the town centre of Christchurch|
|Castle St, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 1AZ|