The earthworks of the 11th century castle are on the east of the town and comprise some 8 acres. At the start of the 12th century a new stone fortification was constructed with outer towers, but by the 1500's it was abandoned and being demolished although parts were used during the Civil War. Now in a public park, the remaining foundations are below ground.
Managed by English Heritage
|On the A4260/B4031. 8 miles south of Banbury|
|Castle St, Deddington OX15 0TP|