It was built in the 13th century by the Welsh on a rocky outcrop with a 40 foot high circular tower. It was partially dismantled in 1284 when King Edward 1 invaded North Wales and only the tower and parts of the walls remain.
Open, CADW.
| Directions |
| On the A4086 at Llanberis, 6 miles west of Caernarfon |
|
|