A medieval moated site, the remains lie in the field between the road and the river Lune. The site consists of a complex of a moated outworks, with interconnecting channels surviving as well defined earthworks. It may be the remains of the fortified manor house and park built by Sir James Harrington. Licence to crenellate the buildings was granted in 1479 and the site was strengthened and a park created but both had fallen into disrepair by the 16th century. There are the remains of unidentified masonry on the highest end of the earthworks.
|Just outside the village of Hornby on the A683 to Lancaster|