A fortified manor house dating from 1338. Only one of the four original towers remains, together with the mansion that was added in 1861. It is now used as a field study and residential centre which is also available for weddings, parties, music events, courses and educational day visits. There are two historic self catering lets. Private.
Ford Pele, a ruined tower house also known as Parson's Tower, is situated south west of Ford Castle. It is 30 feet square but is now only 12 feet high. It was burnt in a Scottish attack of 1513 but was rebuilt by the vicar. The upper storeys of the tower were demolished in the mid-nineteenth century to enhance the view from the castle.
|Off the B6353, in turn off the A697 and 6 miles east of Coldstream|
|Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland TD15 2PX|