It was built in 1283 in red sandstone in a pentagonal shape overlooking the River Dee. Little now remains of the original four round towers and square barbican as it was demolished in the 17th century and the stone used to build Eaton Hall.
|On the eastern side of Holt, off the A534. 5 miles north-east of Wrexham|
|Holt, Wrexham LL13 9AZ|