The three storey tower was added in 1310 to a manor house fortified in 1263. The walls inside still have some of the original decorative paintings, the best in the country, which survived after being preserved under whitewash.
English Heritage open summer and weekends.
|Off the A47, 2 miles to the west of Peterborough|
|Thorpe Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 6LU|