Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

MARISCO CASTLE


MARISCO CASTLE
Photo Clint Lively

Marisco Castle was built by King Henry III in about 1250 high up on the south-east point of the island. In the Civil War Lundy was held for the Royalists by Thomas Bushell who later rebuilt the castle. By 1787 cottages had been built round the small courtyard inside the Keep and these have now been rebuilt by the Landmark Trust for holiday rental.


Photo Clint Lively

 

Directions
On Lundy Island, 10 miles north of Hartland Point

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales