The gateway and a piece of wall remain dating back to 1172 - 77, on the site of an earlier fortification erected in 1104 overlooking the River Ogmore. There is no trace now of the original rectangular keep. The castle was still in use but as a residence in the 16th century.
|In the centre of Bridgend|
|Newcastle Hill, Bridgend CF31 4JN|