An unusual design, it is a small moated manor house fortified in 1373 with four corner towers. It was extensively rebuilt in the early 16th century, but it was beseiged during the Civil War and the defences badly damaged, one section of wall being destroyed.
English Heritage open all year.
|Off the A361, 3 miles west of Frome|
|Nunney, Somerset BA11 4LW|