Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales

PARC Y CASTELL


PARC Y CASTELL
Aerial photo ©Paul R. Davis

A well preserved partial ringwork with a bank and ditch enclosing an area of 110 feet by 100 feet on the bank of the River Alun. It may have been constructed by Bishop Bernard, who was appointed in 1115. By 1200 the castle had been superseded by the present Bishop's Palace at St David's half a mile to the east beside the cathedral.


Aerial photo ©Paul R. Davis Aerial photo ©Paul R. Davis

 

Directions
Off B4570 to Porth Clais, 1/2 mile west of St Davids

 



VIEW LARGER MAP IN NEW WINDOW

 
© Castles and Fortifications of England and Wales