A pele tower that was built in 1397 and extended in the early 15th century. In 1547 much of the stone was removed but it was still in use during the Civil War. Now only part of the tower and the outer wall remain surrounded by the ditch.
English Heritage, open all year.
|On the edge of the town which is on the A6|