The motte and bailey castle was in existence by 1086 situated on a natural mound overlooking a ford across the River Ribble. The motte has a diameter of 120 feet and 25 feet across at the top. It fell into ruins in the 13th Century and now stands in the churchyard of St Mary's Church.
|On the western side of Preston by the River Ribble|
|Holme Road, Penwortham, Preston, Lancashire PR1 0BP|