A Pele Tower with 7 feet thick walls built by Robert Harbottle in 1392. Two of the four turrets are missing after half the tower was demolished in the 17th century and the stone used for farm buildings on the estate, but the remains are furnished to illustrate life at that time. It is one of 78 that existed by the 15th century.
Open all year.
|1 mile east of the A1, 7 miles north of Alnwick|
|Preston, Chathill, Northumberland NE67 5DH|