The motte still stands over 20 feet high, surrounded by a deep ditch on two sides and impressive earthworks. There is both an inner and an outer bailey, both of which are protected by earth banks. The castle was probably built in the late 11th century but it had been abandoned by 1202. There is no indication of there having been any stone defences.
|10 miles south west of Shrewsbury|
|Church Pulverbatch, Shrewsbury, Shrops SY5 8DT|