Once an 11th century motte castle and extended in the 12th century with a 100 feet diameter shell keep. Later enlargements included the twin towered gatehouse built in 1275 and it was used as a Royal palace until 1530. It was later converted into a predominantly Tudor manor house, damaged during the Civil War but later repaired.
Open April - September.
|A6003, 8 miles north of Kettering.|
|Rockingham, Market Harborough, Leics LE16 8TH|