It was started in 1426, but the battlements and 4 corner towers, of which the front two survive intact, were added at the end of the 16th century. In the early 19th century the building was split into two residences but the two halves were reunited in 2003.

Private, the west wing can be rented.

Photo © Alison Stamp


Off the B6268, 10 miles west of Thirsk


View Larger Map