A 13th century manor house fortified in 1308 of which only a small part remains, including the Great Hall which uses a rocky outcrop as one of its walls. The curtain walls and gatehouse have vanished after it was allowed to decay in the 17th century.
English Heritage, open all year.
|Off the A661, 3 miles north west of Wetherby|
|Spofforth, North Yorkshire HG3 1ND|