Earthworks, a 20 foot high motte and a large bailey remain of this Norman castle. There are a few traces of the stone walls. The castle was captured and destroyed by the Welsh in 1153, 1189 and 1215. It was still in use in the 15th century.
|A4066, south of the town, 9 miles west of Carmarthen|
|St Clears, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA33 4EN|