Constructed on top of a hill overlooking the river Exe in 1106 with three round and one square towers. It fell into decay in the 1500's but was repaired by the end of century. The fortifications were mainly destroyed in the Civil War. The castle was restored in the 1960s and is now used as self catering apartments.
Open April - October, Sundays and Thursdays .
|In the centre of Tiverton|
|Park Hill, Tiverton, Devon EX16 6RP|