The thirty feet high motte is surrounded by a ditch that still contains some water. The bailey earthworks are still visible and stone pieces indicate it was originally fortified in stone. It was probably built in the late 11th century but it was abandoned in 1137.
|1 mile north of the A465 at Pandy and 4 miles west of Pontrilas|
|Walterstone, Herefordshire HR2 0DX|