Fort Widley is 3,100 yards east of Fort Southwick. It is six sided, was built between 1861 and 1876, and is basically identical to Fort Southwick. It had similar armament of 78 guns including 64-pounder RMLs, 7-inch RBLs and 6.6 inch howitzers, as well as mortar batteries. It was disarmed in 1907. The fort was bought by Portsmouth City Council and now leased as an Activity Centre.
|On the B2177, the cliff top road overlooking Portsmouth.|
|Portsdown Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth PO6 3LS|