The 60 foot high St Leonards Tower was built in around 1080 and still remains in good condition. One length of the adjoining wall remains. Very little is known of the origin of the castle or its later history but it is thought to have been built by Bishop Gundulph who also built the keep of Rochester castle.
English Heritage, open all year.
|Off the A228, 1 mile south of M20 J4|
|West Malling, Kent ME19 6PD|