A licence to a licence to crenellate was granted in 1335, but the existing building was built 1370 - 90. Only one wing of the quadrangular castle remains today. In the 17th century it was converted into a thatched farmhouse which has one of the largest expanses of thatch in the county.
It is now available to rent as holiday accomodation, run by The Landmark Trust.
|Off the B3390, 5 miles east of Dorchester|
|Woodsford, Dorchester, DT2 8AS|